Saturday, August 18, 2012

Week 1.5: The Blur

I honestly can’t fully remember what happened in my first week other than that we did stuff.  I would have written it down, but I was so exhausted after each day.  While the three other JETs in Kirishima were near the town center, I was a 35 min. drive out in Makizono, which complicated things as we didn’t get our cars right away and I was forced to stay at someone else’s apartment for five or so days.  We all got cell phones with Internet and bank accounts.  After the weekend, I finally got my car and was able to drive to my AWESOME apartment.  These past couple days, we have been driving around, finding our junior high schools.  I have four junior high schools and many elementary schools, for a total of 18 altogether.  It’s a lot, but I’m totally up for the challenge!  My predecessor left me a LOT of stuff to use including a bed, a printer, kitchen ware, books and activities, a little couch, and information about my area.  I’m really grateful she left me all that stuff.






No comments:

Post a Comment